Sunday, April 25, 2010

Is creativity a miracle...!!


Long time back, I had discovered this skill in me, finding words in names that describes few 

qualities or completely about that person e.g. the name of my friend SONU was made to be 

Some One of No Use. Then it was a challenge for me to come out with something that 

speaks for me in my name. It was nothing less than a challenge  to come out with something 

like this...Admire Me If You Admit. I mean every bit of it, precisely that's how I feel I am.  

People whom I've come across in my life often asked me the meaning of this name AMIYA.  

It's indeed a privilege to be born with this name. To most of your surprise, the name has  a 

small little story associated to it. Believe me or not ...this is a true story..!!! 

Before the birth of me and two of my siblings, one fine day, my father instinctively decided

to write three words on a wall in the backyard of our house...अमिय (Amiya) , आशीष (Ashish)

and इप्सिता (Ipsita). The peculiarity of these words was the alphabets they started with   

(अ आ इ ) which symbolizes the beginning. That's not where the story ends, few years 

down the line he was blessed with two sons and one daughter ( me being in the list I really 

wonder whether he was blessed :P) . He named his kids (me n my siblings) in the same 

sequence as that of the wall...अमिय , आशीष and इप्सिता. I feel proud to be his first creation 

and I shall always be.  All three names are in my mother tongue (Odia). The first one  

"Amiya" means a thing that makes you immortal if you touch/drink it. According to Hindu 

mythology it's AMRIT , a drink that made the Devtaas (deities) immortal and invincible. 

The second one "Ashish"  means a blessing,  a common name in Hindi also. Last but not the 

least "Ipsita" means a thing of desire. You must be thinking what's so great about this story?

These  three words seems to be names for three kids...that's all...!!!

Well ! That's not it. The best part of this story is  the miraculous intuition that my father  

had before, much before it actually happened! The sequence of names is coincidentally the 

same as of that the wall. Even now what amazes me  in that the  sequence is  how could my 

father be so confident on keeping the last name a female one and optimistically ...a thing of 

desire. He wished the third one to be a daughter and surprisingly she was. If you call that a 

coincidence, then it might just be another coincidence that  the sequence is same as that of 

Lord Balabhadra, Jagannath and Devi Subhadra ( Deities worshiped at Jagannath Temple)!! 

All I can say is at times our CREATIVITY can make MIRACLES happen but 

MIRACLES will always be God's CREATIVITY..!!!!

4 comments:

  1. How to start with …………….

    Well Ami, really a nice Blog, thanks for letting us share a nice & essential part of your being U………………………………………………………………………….
    (A – ADMIRE; M – ME; I – IF; Y – YOU; A – ADMIT = AMIYA)

    To tell you honestly, today I am commenting, not only to praise your Blog but more essentially to dedicate my feelings for Uncle if you allow & accept……

    I really, from the core of my heart respect & salute the dream, the vision of Uncle, inspired by the GOD to think, want, pray and further in life blessed with the same by HIM. The very essence of choosing of series of names, points towards God’s wish fulfilment through Uncle’s dream vision. The series that embarks the beginning, the series that God himself chose along with his siblings to take AVATAR in, and the series which is only worshipped when in order and in presence of all the three Deities …………

    The names:

    AMIYA:

    The drink meant only for devataas to provide immortality to them, the one who embarks the beginning of a changing new era for better, an era after which life changes whole new dimension taking a complete U turn, a protector, who not only protects the blessed but also the ‘Blessing’ & the ‘Desired’.

    I guess that Uncle has already conveyed to you through him narrating this story to U, what place U three siblings mean in His Life and especially to you regarding the responsibility he wants you to take for your life and the trust he has on U that U will always do the same.

    There is an old saying:

    “Even an understanding person needs a person to be understood by.”

    So, on a lighter note,Mr protector,Mr immortal drink ;),take best care of everyone around and I promise You once again, that I will try to take care of the Protector all my Life,genuinely.Will always be with You……………saaya bhi raat ko saath chod deta hai but main raat ko bhi nahi chodti ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waise Ami would like to know what is the meaning of my name according to you;plsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAMS - Death At Monstrous Smile
    - Don't Allow Me to Scold

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete